The Community for technological innovations provides a platform to aspiring engineers of AOT to show their innovations spanning several spheres of software, hardware and robotics through competitive events, modeling, publications and technical quiz.
Every year TECH-FIESTA – the state level Tech Fest of AOT is organized by ACUITY.
National & State Level Achievements of our Students (2014-2015):
- AOT featured in the list of top ten colleges participating in the TCS Coding Contest, Codevita 2013. 34 students qualified for the second round and there 8 successful won.
- Mohonish Chakraborty of CSE 2015 batch, was Google Student Ambassador. He is one among 177 GSAs across India and one of the 6 selected from West Bengal.
- Manish Kumar Paul of ECE 2015 batch stood 2nd position at Youth Science Fair organised by Birla Industrial & Technical Museum & NCSM
- Anirban Sengupta, 4th ECE, 3rd position for work on 'Robotics and Its applications' at Youth Science Fair, 2014 organised by Birla Industrial & Technical Museum & NCSM, (work commended by Bengali daily Ei Samay).
- Anirban Sengupta, Anuran Banerjee and Sayak Deyashi of ECE 2015 batch won Special Award for "Smart Plug", at Science & Engineering Fair, Birla Industrial and Technical Museum, 2015.
- Kankana Sarkar of ECE 2015 batch, stood 1st in district level & special merit prize in state level at Student Youth Science Fair, 2014, organised by BITM 'Application of Robotics' (remotely operated vehicle,autonomous line follower and self balancing robot).
- Sayan Chatterjee, Ripon Deb, Chirag Ranjan Lahiri of ME 2015 batch, shortlisted as quarterfinalists for Project idea on the topic 'Modeling of an aircraft and its electronic control' to Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge India Design Contest 2015.
- Project Idea of Dibyendu Ghosh, student of ECE 2015 batch selected in "Brain Strom", in EXORSA 2.0, an online Technical Fest by mywbut.com.
- Ankita Bishnu, Abhrajyoti Kundu & Somnath Saha, 2014 CSE, 1st Runner Up in The Event Great Mind Challenge - An Annual National Software Development Program by IBM.
- Aritra Pal, 2015 ECE stood 1st position in 'Autonomous Robotics', JIS & IEM, 2015, MCKV, 2014.
- Manas Bhattacharya (EE 4th Yr), Mir Tousik (EE 4th Yr), Dipan Ghosh (4th Yr), Arnab Mondal (EE 4th Yr) - (i) Kshitij'15 Top 6 (Skyfall), (ii) Kshitij'14 Top10 (Canyon Rush); Letter of commendation for Ingenious Bot Design, (iii) Techniche'14 Top 6 (Robo-Kick), (iv) Kalyani Govt. 2nd in 2 enents (Robo Striker, Track-Mania).
- Abhishek Tewari (ECE 2015),1st position in (i) Robo-soccer', in 'Avenir-15' at NSEC, (ii) Robo-soccer', in 'Prabudhha-15' at Techno, (iii) Soccer-o-botics' and 'Speed-o-botics', in 'Resonance v 7.0' at Kolaghat, (iv) X-race' in 'Innovacion 2015' at IEM, (v) Robo-soccer' in "Techtrix'15" at RCC, (vi) Storm loop' in 'Technotronix Epimetheus 2K15' at Techno, (vi) Ro- blitz' and 'Ro-Terrance' in 'Techstorm 2.15' at B.P Poddar, (vii) Robo-soccer' and 'Terra Rider' in 'Impulse 2K15' at SMIT, (viii) Robo-soccer' in 'Pragati 15' at MCKV.
- Dibyendu Ghosh, Dipanjan Biswas, (ECE 2015), 1st position in "Invade-in-line" (Autonomous Robotics) at Adamas, 2014.
- Saurav Shaw, 2nd year CSE, 1st position in Aquatrix in Heritage.
- Subhodip Basu (ECE 3rd yr), Sutirtha Kundu (ECE 3rd yr), Soham Basu (CSE 3rd yr), Abhishek Mahato (CSE 3rd yr), 3rd position in Amphibious Robotics, "PHOENIX 2015", Future Institute of Engineering & Management.
- Shouvik Das [ECE 3rd year], Sudip Halder [ECE 3rd year], 2nd position in Robo Soccer in "Techtrix'15" at RCCIIT, Manual Robotics at Kalynai Govt. College, Invade-in-Line in ''Akshiti 2k14'' at Adamas.
- Sourav Saha [ECE 3rd year], Siddhartha Paul [ECE 3rd year], Qualified for final round, "Skyfall" at "Kshitij 2015"
- Dibyendu Ghosh, Arka Das, Asmit Das, (ECE 2015), (i) "BlueMedo : Automation inHospital Management System Through Bluetooth", in IJSRP (International Journal of Scientific Research Publication), 2014. (ii) "Pocket Scheduler: An Android Application Using Python", ISCA (International Science Congress Association), 2014
- Tanvir Sarkar, (ECE 2015), Library Management & Access System Using Bluetooth' in IOSR journal, 2014
- Abir Mukherjee, Sankha Chowdhury, Arka Prava Lahiri, EE 4th year, "Determination & Segregation of Losses of a DC Motor", in 2014 issue of 'THOUGHT', a journal published by FOSET
- Shounak Devbhuti, CSE 4th year, "A Method For Bypassing Keystroke Recognition Based Security System Using Social Engineering", International Organisation Of Scientific Research - Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR JCE), 16.2, Mar-Apr. 2014
- Subhajit Pal, CSE 2015, Saurav Roy, IT 2015, "Mine Music", in IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), March 2014, indexed in American National Engineering Database, Index Copernicus & European Science Citation Index.
- Abir Mukherjee, Sankha Chowdhury, Arka Prava Lahiri (4th Year EE) had a journal publication on "Determination & Segregation of Losses of a DC Motor", in 2014 issue of 'THOUGHT' by FOSET.
- Shounak Devbhuti, (4th Year, CSE) had a journal publication on "A Method For Bypassing Keystroke Recognition Based Security System Using Social Engineering", International Organization Of Scientific Research - Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR JCE), 16.2, Mar-Apr. 2014.
- Shayak Sadhu, Shruti Bhowmik and Vicky Kumar of 4th Year (CSE) participated in Regional Project Competition, organized by Wipro Mission 10X on 12th January, 2016 and their project “Prakalpa” had been selected as one of the best 5 projects.
- Sarthak Goswami, 2016 MCA, Selected for IITB Research Internship 2015-16
- Ankita Roy, IT 4th year, Finalist in Speak out for Engineering, a technical presentation based competition at Kshitij IIT Kharagpur 2014
- Saikat Samanta, IT 3rd year, Finalist in Business Plan, Kshitij 2014 in IIT Kharagpur and 1st position in Innovare event of Innovacion'14 at IEM Kolkata.
- Shubham Bhattacharya, AEIE 3rd year, Finalist in Business Plan, Kshitij 2014 in IIT Kharagpur.
- Anirban Sengupta, ECE 2015, 1st position for "Remotely Operated Vehicle", Model Exhibition, IEM, 2014
- Soumyargha Sinha, 2nd year CSE, 4th position in State-level Web-designing competition (WWWIZARD - Exorsa v2.0) organized by mywbut.com